LIPIDIET 3 YEAR STUDY RESULTS
SOUVENAID® SLOWS THE DECLINE OF COGNITION AND MEMORY BY 60% IN PRODROMAL AD
- Based on the results of Souvenir I and II an independent, European Commission funded a new trial focusing on the longer term use of Souvenaid® for memory and cognitive function in very early stages of Alzheimer’s disease – known as ‘prodromal AD or ‘Mild Cognitive Impairment’ (MCI). With patients potentially followed up to 8 years, the LipiDiDiet study is the longest intervention trial in MCI. 1
- The trial concluded that in people with prodromal Alzheimer’s disease/MCI, the daily consumption of Souvenaid® showed significant positive results (slowed decline) in cognitive function, thinking skills, memory and brain atrophy. 1
The clinical data also indicates:
- The decline in NTB 5-item (primary outcome on cognition and memory) showed a 60% reduction in decline in the active group vs the control group.
- The rates of deterioration for hippocampal volume were 33% less in the active group than in control group.
- Additional results also revealed rates of deterioration were 22% less in the active group than in the control group for whole brain volume.
Get access to the full publication by submitting the form below:
What if I have questions
Please contact us if you have any questions or request a sample.
- Soininen H, Solomon A, Visser PJ, et al. 36-month LipiDiDietmultinutrient clinical trial in prodromal